For most players who access online gaming sites, it is a great form of entertainment and players can enjoy the games and excitement. However, there are some underage players or those that have problems controlling their spending at these sites, which can lead to future problems. Here, we have a strong stance on responsible gambling and offer ways for players and site visitors to always remain in control and avoid any issues that may arise.
The following provides useful information on responsible gambling and offers some tips to manage accounts and remain in control of real money spending when gambling online.
In order for gambling sites to adhere to local laws and regulations, they are not allowed to accept any player under the age of 18. In some jurisdictions, the legal gambling age may be 21, so it is important for sites and players to adhere to these restrictions. Should there be any concern that an underage player is accessing gambling activities online, there are some steps that can be taken:
- Use various child protection software programs that will block certain sites from being accessed.
- Do not leave any computer accessible where an account can be logged into easily.
- Never share credit card information or payment information with those under the age of 18.
- Avoid saving passwords at gaming sites.
- Create different user profiles on the computer to restrict gaming site access.
Help for Those in Need of Controlling Gambling Habits
Many people who visit online casinos and betting sites will have a constant control over their spending and their gaming habits. However, it is very easy to become addicted to games and start overspending. Some players have a gambling problem where they are always chasing losses, leading to larger losses and financial issues. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps.
- Gambling should be for fun. It should not be something to do as a way of earning money or generating an income.
- Always avoid chasing losses and set strict spending limits.
- Gamble only amounts that one can afford to lose.
- Try to track the amount of time spent gambling and how much is being wagered.
- If needed, make use of deposit limits to restrict the amount being added to accounts.
- Take a break when needed and keep it fun.
Almost every reputable site operating will allow players to set limits on their deposit amounts to help them remain in control when they visit the site. To set a limit, visit the site cashier and access the Gaming Settings or ask for help from the customer support team.
The best sites will always offer members a way to set daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits. Any request made to reduce limits will be processed immediately and the account will reflect those changes. If players are asking for an increase, the account will be reviewed and most requests will be completed within a 24-hour period.
If players do develop a gambling problem and become aware of it, they can contact the site to use a self-exclusion tool. This will temporarily suspend access to an account or a short period of time. The amount of time can be set by the user and will generally be a day, a week or a month.
There are also time out periods that can be requested and when using these, accounts will automatically become active when the period of time ends. Some sites will allow for manual reopening of the account as well.
More information about responsible gambling: